New firmware FT-991 08/24/16 - possible problem

Since updating to the 8/24/16 firmware, I've now had several instances
where pushing the radio front power button will not turn on the radio.

Disconnecting then reconnecting the DC supply corrects things, then the
radio will turn on with power button as normal. This problem would probably
not happen if my radio were not connected to constant DC power, since
cycling the DC power resets whatever is getting stuck/confused.

I've now performed a reset, repeated the Main, DSP, and TFT updates,
including by another reset, then restoring my settings with the RT
systems software. I will see whether the problem continues.

Has anyone else experienced this non-responsive power button problem?

I've had the radio for almost two years now, with no prior issues.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/16/2016

    But mine is related to the USB cable being plugged into the PC. In my
    case, if the DC power is removed and then turned back on while the rig
    is connected to the computer, the power button will not turn on the rig
    until the USB is removed. Have you tried disconnecting the USB from the
    rig to see if that will allow it to startup without removing the DC power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo tengo el mismo problema despues del ultimo firwer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9/19/2016

      I have the same problem after the last firwer

      Delete
  3. After doing the upgrade on mine, it will no longer scan the memory channels while the USB cable is plugged in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem, have a BRICK. Guess its time to send back to Yaesu. Tried everything.. Never had problems doing software upgrades in the past.. This sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Received radio back from Yaesu, pretty fast, however now Memory scan will not work, VFO Scan does.
    Have rebooted radio after using RT systems to program, unplugged USB cable, to no avail.. Guess its another trip back to Yaesu. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem after the firmware program crash. Any solution?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have new problem just updated to the newest firmware and now I have no RF output with HF ?? .re did the firmware twice with same result. no problems with past firmware upgrades. I have about had it with Yaesu aand this rig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AC0VJ Updated to the latest firmware for the ft-991 , only thing I have noticed I don't like so far is the DNR (noise reduction) now sounds like crap compared to the old firmware. My add on in my Kenwood blows it away. How do I get the OLD firmware back?

    ReplyDelete